Code of Ethics
The Code of ethics defines the values on which the activity of the SOL Group is based and with which Group employees and collaborators comply.
The SOL Board of Directors confirmed, in its meeting of 19 February 2009, the validity of the Code of Ethics, which entered into force on 1 January 2006 and which is being progressively adopted by all Group Companies.
More specifically, the document:
- expresses the values that shape the activities of the SOL Group: fair and honest conduct, the circulation of information, willingness to listen, acknowledgement of customers’ problems as our own, and awareness that the economic process cannot exist independently of a system of values
- outlines the code of conduct to which all employees and collaborators must adhere
- outlines the code of conduct that shapes the SOL Group’s business management approach, as regards both internal and external activities
- identifies the Group’s stakeholders and describes the approach taken with each one
- expresses the underlying principles of the “Employee Policies” and activities aimed at “Protecting safety, health and the environment”
- outlines the prudent and responsible use of resources and information
- describes the sanctions in the event of the failure to respect the Code